"Thanks for the amazing experience of pure ayurvedic treatments in a Sri Lankan village. Love it!
Great place, staff and the best therapist!" Jade Y. More guest reviews.
This holiday is no longer offered by us. Please contact us for similar retreats.
- Location | Activities and Prices | Accommodation and Food | Child policy | Green footprint | Guestbook
Ayurvedic treatments generally include warm herbal oil massages that are designed to bring nourishment to the tissues, deep relaxation to the muscles and calmness to the mind. Treatments are combined with meditation and yoga. In addition you can enjoy walks into the local village, partake in plantation activities or paddy harvesting during seasons.
Prices are seasonal and indicative, the actual price may sometimes vary.
April - December:
Detox Package costs $110 per night for a single, and $190 per night for a double.
Ayurveda Package costs $135 per night for a single, and $225 per night for a double.
December - April:
Detox Package costs $125 per night for a single, and $215 per night for a double.
Ayurveda Package costs $155 per night for a single, and $245 per night for a double.
Prices include full board and the relevant treatment package. Flights and airport transfers are not included.
All rooms have ensuite bathrooms with modern facilities and showers with hot water. Water is provided the natural spring in their gardens.
Air conditioning is available upon request for an extra fee.
Suite rooms have larger bathrooms with bathtubs, plus TV.
Food is healthy and prepared to Ayurvedic standards, mainly vegetarian or vegan, but fresh fish is served once a week. Food is organic or locally produced. Most of the fruits, vegetables and herbs come from their own organic garden. All water is provided from their own fresh water well.
Food served can be adapted to accommodate any allergies.
Children are welcome. Children under 11 years of age pay half price.
What can I do?
See our 10 top tips on green travel - how to make your stay more enjoyable & better for the environment. Consider offsetting your car, train or plane journey via the charity AtmosFair.de.
How ethical is the holiday?
- Acts with respect, honesty and fairness towards guests and staff
- Is owned / part owned by locals and employs locals
- Fosters real relationships between guests and locals and ensures that the local community benefits from
- Training and empowerment for local community and staff members
- Hotel supports and funds local schools, temples and numerous village / national charity organisations
- Sharing of surplus crops with the elderly / aged homes in Colombo and the village
How environmentally-friendly is the holiday?
- Collects rainwater for use in gardens
- Recycles all recyclable waste
- Composts organic waste
- Uses eco-friendly cleaning products
- Sustainability and preservation of local environment
- Conservation of endangered and indigenous flora and fauna
"Wonderful place to stay, deep in rural bliss, warm hospitality and friendly service, wonderful food, and less than an hours' drive away from many of the sightseeing destinations on the west and south coast that you will want to visit." - Mr N.A.
“I spent 2 weeks at this villa and had a wonderful experience. Yoga and treatments were very relaxing and I left feeling like a different person... Location is rural but if you want a break from the hustle and bustle of western life this is the place to come.
The owner is incredibly hospitable and has suggestions for local attractions to visit or overnight trips incl a stay at their sister hotel in Kandy. Highly recommended." - Ms M.R.
"Thanks for the super relaxing detox experience. Love the setting, decor and the ayurvedic treatments. It's so peaceful and rejuvenating. It was great doing meditation and yoga in the garden and getting massages in your open air spa. Will definitely be back again next year.” - Laura H.
Have you been on one of the above holidays? Let us know what you think.