"I have been cleansing for 15 years and this is the Rolls Royce of detox retreats." Nikki Vee, Jan 12
|Location||Near Glastonbury, Somerset, UK|
|Open||Selected week-long retreats year round|
|Activities||Juice fast, colonics, health, yoga, therapies|
|Prices||From £900 per week, single room, all incl.|
|Ideal for||Detox - Juice Fast - Yoga - Meditation - Massage - Colonics - Therapies - Solo travellers|
|Contact||> For dates see their website
> Ring UK 01373 467 668
|Offer||Mention Neal's Yard Holidays to get a selection of Vital Detox Retreats' toiletries worth £44, including two moisturisers.|
Vital Detox offer week-long retreats specialising in expert emotional and physical support. Included in the price of your lovely cottage are organic juices, cleansing supplements, colonics, daily yoga and meditation, nutrition talks, raw food, workshops, a new relationship detox package and three life-changing consultations.
- Location | Activities and Prices | Accommodation and Food | Child policy | Green footprint | Guestbook
The detox retreats are held in a beautiful, 16th century farm nestled at the foot of Glastonbury Tor. Enjoy stunning views, beautiful gardens, wild birds and tame animals, and gorgeous walks.
Juice fasting with colonics for health and weight loss, daily yoga, meditation, nutrition talks, walks, spa, a range of massage and beauty treatments, a 1-1 with a nutritionist, a Journey session with a Brandon Bays trained therapist, and a coaching session so that guests experience total holistic care during their stay.
Prices: all-inclusive prices range from £900 for a single room, to £1,790 for a deluxe, self-contained cottage with a view of the Tor and a private sun deck.
For dates see above web link, or check availability, or phone.
The accommodation is warm and comfortable, within a converted farm venue.
There are several single occupation cottages available as well as four shared cottages. They can also offer a 'glamping' option for a real retreat experience. The communal areas are all easily accessible.
All the produce is locally sourced (as far as possible) and organic. Food provided is completely vegan.
Adults only, although accompanied teenagers are welcome.
What can I do?
See our 10 top tips on green travel - how to make your stay more enjoyable & better for the environment. Consider offsetting your car, train or plane journey via the charity AtmosFair.de.
How ethical is the holiday?
- Acts with respect, honesty and fairness towards guests and staff
- Is owned by locals and employs locals
- Uses an ethical bank
- Fosters real relationships between guests and locals and ensures that the local community benefits
How environmentally-friendly is the holiday?
- Provides info on how to arrive by public transport and/or bicycle
- Offers an incentive or discount if you arrive by public transport and/or bike
- Uses a green energy company and has A-rated appliances
- Collects rainwater for use in gardens and uses water saving devices
- Recycles all recyclable waste
- Composts organic waste
- Uses eco-friendly cleaning products
- Other eco aspects: dedicated to reducing energy consumption and reducing waste
"My retreat with Vital Detox has not only changed my life - it has saved it. I feel like a new woman!"
"The team were professional, friendly and very, very helpful – I always felt looked after and loved. You couldn't do enough for me and have created an atmosphere of harmony and positivity that I can now take home with me."
Have you been on one of the above holidays? Let us know what you think.